Thursday, November 27, 2008

Workshops

I have now completed a series of workshops at the neighbourhood centre. Sure it was a paid gig, but it was the most rewarding experience I have had teaching jewellery making so far.

We had a huge group sometimes up to 20 ladies. They were a juggle as they all tended to arrive at different times but we managed. We created a few basic projects and some of them were quick at completing everything and some of them were very hard to encourage. In the end though I hope they all walked out proud of themselves and with some lovely new pieces of jewellery that the made THEMSELVES! I was very proud of them all, I know that much.

It was 3 x 2hr sessions over 3 weeks. Week 1 we made memory wire bracelets and drop earrings. Week 2 we made a strung necklace and tigertail earrings. Week 3 we made a foil bead choker and a book thong ~ and many many simple christmas decorations.

These ladies all inspired me to persue the teaching aspect of my craft and I just hope in a little way that I inspired them all into becoming little beadie monsters muahahahahahaha!!!!

So everyone, I am a tutor for hire :)

No comments:

Artists who blog